You are here
Get your passport ready!
CLA considers studying abroad an integral component to the liberal arts or any education. The experience students receive complements their own development, exposure to other cultures, opportunities, and economic and social systems.
The majority of CLA majors support the inclusion of an abroad experience. Whether the study abroad experience is a long or short term program, incorporating the courses into your undergraduate degree is possible.
Some CLA faculty have even developed their own specialized short-term programs.
The UMD Study Abroad office provides an extensive list of long and short programs across the globe. The office collaborates with CLA departments in making the studying abroad experience streamlined and productive. Students are encouraged to seek out answers to this lifetime opportunity.
Why study abroad? Scholarships are available outside UMD.
CLA invites students to share their abroad experiences via our web form!
2015-2016 Academic Year:
- How many CLA students went abroad last year? 74
- What is the percentage compared to the total amount of students? approximately 24% of students who studied abroad in 15-16 were from CLA (74/312)
- What were the top five countries where students went?
- What were the top five majors represented?
- Hispanic Studies
- International Studies
- Cultural Entrepreneurship
CLA Collegiate Unit: Who, When, Where, and How Long?
Foreign Language Majors: The Who, When, Where, and How Long?