You are here
Our CLA Advising Office...
Advising at the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) is an important component of the commitment to a quality undergraduate experience for students. The CLA Advising and Academic Services office is located in 310 KPlz. We work collaboratively with CLA faculty and coordinate many kinds of advising activities for students within the School. CLA Advising and Academic Services staff members enjoy working with students and are committed to providing them with accurate, timely and friendly service. New freshmen and new transfer students are assigned to a staff advisor from within this office and are later re-assigned to work with faculty in the discipline of their interest. CLA academic advising helps you with your academic questions from orientation to graduation.
Need an appointment?
- For Emily: https://secure.scheduleonce.com/EmilyHicks
- For Dylan: z.umn.edu/dapforr4
- For Jayme: z.umn.edu/jbattaglia
- For Pam: call 218-726-8563
Role of our advisors:
- help you clarify your educational values and goals;
- provide accurate information on educational options, policies, and procedures;
- guide you toward an academic program in which you can be successful;
- acquaint you with campus resources that support your academic and personal success.
Students are responsible for scheduling, preparing for, and keeping advising appointments. It is recommended to meet with your adviser regularly to review the academic schedule for the following term and progress toward degree completion. Students should also seek out contacts, information, and knowing the basic requirements of their degree program. Students bear the final responsibility for making their own decisions based on the best information and advice available.
The peer advisor is available for peer-to-peer advising. Walk-ins are welcome! Learn about the various advising tools to assist in your academic journey.
* Advisement & Registration assistance
* Assistance with advising tools and degree planning
* Add/Drop CLA majors/minors
* Add/Change CLA Advisors
* Scheduling appointments with a professional advisor