Declare A Major
You are here
What is your request?
Depending on your situation, please read the following options below or click on the image below to access a .pdf with embedded active links.
(All requests have a processing time between 3-5 business days and is effective the following term. If you have any questions about any process, contact our office.)
I want to declare a CLA MAJOR.
- Tentatively plan out two future terms within Grad Planner.
- To declare communication, students must have a 2.50 cumulative GPA.
- To declare cultural entrepreneurship, students submit their application on the following Google form.
- Complete the Declare CLA Major form.
- Schedule an appointment with a CLA Departmental Representative or a CLA Professional Academic Advisor to discuss your tentative plan.
I want to drop a CLA MAJOR.
- Complete and submit the Drop CLA Major form.
- If the CLA major is your secondary major, you will need to file the Dual Degree form to drop the degree.
I want to declare or drop a CLA MINOR.
- Submit your request through the Declare/Drop CLA Minor online form.
I want to declare a program not offered within CLA.
- View the UMD Catalog to verify which collegiate unit grants which program.
- Visit the Advising office within the UMD collegiate unit to learn how to declare the program.
Search UMD directory for office location.
American Indian Studies
American Indian Studies - Linda Grover
Tribal Administration & Governance - Joseph Bauerkemper
Communication - Aaron Boyson, Ed Downs, Rebecca de Souza, Hairong Feng, Ryan Goei, David Gore, Jacquelyn Harvey, Elizabeth Nelson, Michael Pfau, Mike Sunnafrank
Journalism - John Hatcher
English, Linguistics & Writing Studies
English - Evan Brier *
Linguistics - William Salmon
Writing Studies - David Beard
Foreign Languages & Literatures
French Studies - Dana Lindaman; Milan Kovacovic
German Studies - Kristen Hylenski
Hispanic Studies - Maureen Tobin Stanley
Latin American Studies - Jennifer Gomez Menjivar
Chinese Area Studies - Weiqing Zhang
Cultural Entrepreneurship - Aparna Katre, Stephanie Raible
Geography, Urban, Environment & Sustainability Studies
Environment & Sustainability - Mike Mageau
Geography - Pat Farrell
Geographic Information Science- Laure Charleux
Urban and Regional Studies - Adam Pine
Natalie Belsky (Russian), Qiang Fang (Asian), Scott Laderman (American), Gideon Mailer (American), Steven Matthews (Europe), Jeffrey Rop (Ancient & Medieval), Steffan Spencer (Afrian), Rosemary Stanfield-Johnson (Middle East), Dave Woodward (Museum Studies)
Katie Van Wert
Alexis Elder, Jason Ford, Eve Rabinof, Bob Schroer, Jeanine Schroer, Sean Walsh
Political Science - Paul Sharp
Rob Weidner *
Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Search UMD directory for office location
* Initial contact person.