COMM 4397 Internship Spring 2018
What is your major?
Communication with a Business Administration minor.
Where was your internship placement?
Events and Marketing Intern – UMD Alumni Relations
What did your general duties involve?
I have been with the Alumni Relations department for UMD for 3 semesters and truly have been blessed with incredible career growing experience. Some of the general duties I work on during my internship is the following:
- Assist with development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting the work of UMD Alumni Relations
- Develop content for promotional materials including direct mail pieces, electronic newsletters, website and social media stories, and other materials as needed
- Create flyers and promotional pieces
- Planned, Marketed, and designed the Graduation party with a total of 500 students
- Planned, Marketed, and contacted several businesses for Networking Night with 70 students and 20 professionals
What was your most memorable experience?
I believe the most memorable experience was the impact on the students. My favorite event to work is the school wide all major graduation party. I get to see all the smiling faces of students celebrating their hard work of finally completing their undergraduate degree no matter how long it took or what degree.
Has your internship influenced your career path?
I have gained knowledge and experience for my dream field of event management. One day I would love to help plan the Grammy's or plan events in the entertainment industry.