You are here
2018-2019 CLA Wide Scholarship Recipients
Deadline: Friday, March 8, 2019
The UMD College of Liberal Arts is pleased to announce the following scholarships recipients for the 2018-2019 academic year who were recognized at the CLA End of the Year Awards Reception.
- CLA-Wide Scholarships are open to students with any CLA major. Scholarship recipients will be notified in April and recognized at the CLA End of the Year Awards Reception.
- Scholarships are generally awarded in the spring for the following academic year. However, some scholarships may be offered on a different cycle.
- Students are encouraged to check with their individual departments for additional scholarship opportunities and details.
- Transfer students may apply for many of the CLA-Wide scholarships. Since transfer students have not yet established a University of Minnesota cumulative GPA or relationships with UMD faculty and staff, these applicants should submit transcripts and letters of recommendation from their most recent school.
- CLA students are eligible for campus-wide scholarships. Information and application materials can be found on the UMD UMD One Stop website.
How to Apply
To apply for CLA College-Wide scholarships, please submit a completed online CLA Scholarship Application and your supporting materials by 4:00 pm on March 8, 2019. For the online application, you will be prompted for your UMD login username and password. If you do not see these applications listed after login, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for departmental scholarships and awards, please contact your appropriate department office. Visit the department website to learn more about the required application materials, selection criteria, and deadlines.
The CLA Scholarships and Awards list shows scholarships and awards available through CLA. Not all scholarships listed are awarded every year, and this list is subject to change at any time. The number of scholarship awards and amounts vary based on donor guidelines and available funds.
Please note that receiving a scholarship may reduce your existing financial aid award. Visit the UMD One Stop's Scholarships page for more information about how scholarships may affect your financial aid.
Read the criteria carefully to determine your qualification.
In order to be considered for need-based scholarships, you must apply for your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the stated scholarship deadline.
Recipients for the 2019-2020 year will be notified via email in April 2019.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.