You are here
Stephanie Raible, M.A.
Professor Raible joined the UMD faculty in fall 2016 to teach Cultural Entrepreneurship. Prior to coming to UMD, she taught in the areas of Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership, and Global Studies. Her research interests connect to entrepreneurial identity and agency and entrepreneurship teaching and learning. As a current Royal Society of the Arts Fellow, Professor Raible is an advocate for enterprising activities, creativity, and the arts, and she values bringing this perspective and passion into the classroom.
Over the past 12 years, Professor Raible has served within university teaching, management, and consulting roles in five countries: the United States, England, Germany, Spain, and Italy. She is the Co-Founder and Board Member of INIE, the International Network for Innovators in Education, which has successfully held annual conferences in Lisbon, Krakow, and Madrid. From 2013-2016, she also led and served on the advisory council for two European Commission supported entrepreneurship programs, REALISE IT and the ESAA Incubator.
- Embedding identity in cultural entrepreneurship education. Presented at the International Network of Innovators in Education Annual Conference, Madrid, Spain (June 2016).
- Entrepreneurship Education in Europe: A review of understandings and competence-based frameworks. Presented at the University of Deusto, Bilbao, Spain (June 2016).
- International frameworks and perspectives on entrepreneurship education. Presented at the Robert Bosch Foundation Seminar, Berlin Germany (May 2016).
- The entrepreneurial mindset. Invited talk presented within the ZGI Certificate in Social Innovation program, Munich, Germany(January 2016)
- Entrepreneurial learning. Invited talk presented at the BMW Foundation, Munich, Germany (January 2016).
- Perspectives of social entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship education. Invited talk presented at the BMW Foundation, Berlin, Germany (November 2015).
- Authenticity within followership: Self-perceptions of leader-follower relationships. Presented at the International Leadership Association Annual Conference, Barcelona, Spain (October 2015).
- Redefining entrepreneurship as a process and professional competence. Invited talk at the Erasmus+ Student and Alumni Kick-off Conference, Brussels, Belgium (June 2015).
- Social entrepreneurship as a global learning framework: Welcome & framing sessions. Invited talk at the NAFSA Global Learning Colloquium on Business Education, Boston, MA (May 2015).
- RSA Fellowship (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce), 2016-17
- Deusto International Tuning Academy Fellowship (DITA), 2016
- Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship, 2015-16