You are here
We are available....
There are several things we in Advising would like you to know. Hopefully, these logistical updates and suggestions will help you prepare for this unprecedented time. Please read thoroughly.
UMD is still open. If you have an on-campus job, please connect with your supervisor as soon as possible
If you are able to remain away from campus, please do so.
Faculty are working to retool courses to be offered remotely; please be patient as they transition. Faculty will likely contact students via email or through Canvas over the next few days.
At this point, please plan on being online during your scheduled class times in case the faculty choose to have live lectures.
If you do not have access to the internet or reliable internet, please contact your faculty.
- March 18: Online instruction will begin for classes.
April 3: Extended deadline to drop Spring 2020 classes: One Stop How-to Guides
April 6-17: Assigned registration times/days for current UMD students for Fall 2020 registration. As needed, the CLA Advising office will continue to advise students remotely (via Zoom or Phone) and possibly in-person. We will be holding our regular Drop-In Hours virtually as well. We understand Zoom could become overtaxed; if that happens the Advising backup plan is to use Google Meet (Hangouts). Visit CLA Students and schedule a meeting with a CLA advisor during business hours.
- Prepare for using Zoom, the university’s preferred platform for virtual meetings, remote collaboration, and video conferencing. We suggest heading to https://umn.zoom.us/ to download the desktop and/or mobile app now, prior to classes on Wednesday, March 18.
Continue to check your UMD email regularly. This is a day-by-day, hour-by-hour situation. There are also websites to help keep folks informed:
- UMD updates
- UMD Chancellor (communication blog - email messages to students)
- UMD ITSS resources for learning/teaching/working from home
- UMD Environmental Health & Safety Office - ergonomics for learning/working from home
- Tutoring Center and Writers' Workshop - schedule an online appointment
- FAQ: Information for students, faculty and staff
- UMN Public Health Alerts