Internship at the UMD Employee Health & Wellness Center
What is your major?
Minor: Health Care Management
Where was your internship placement? (What is the purpose of the organization?)
Promotion and Communication Coordinator for the UMD Employee Health & Wellness Center
Fall 2014-Fall 2016
What did your general duties involve?
- Develop and implement guide in strategic planning to effectively execute promotion
- Draft and proofread high quality business announcements, press releases, and outreach emails
- Administrator of social media, effectively manage promotion of events and wellness initiatives
- Positively represent and promote programs and services
- Develop graphic design skills to create promotional communications
- Responsible for maintaining email account within the department
What was your most memorable experience?
The opportunity to be on a hiring committee for the new Health & Wellness Center's dietitian. It was a very valuable experience to be on the other side of the hiring process as I will be looking for jobs in the near future. I get to work in an environment with wonderful and intelligent people that support my own wellbeing and learning - the Employee Health & Wellness Center has been a wonderful place to work for.
Has your internship influenced your career path?
Working for the Employee Health & Wellness Center has reaffirmed my desire to work in communications for a health initiative.