You are here
How to Apply
This year the Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies program has three scholarships to award. The award amounts range from $500-$1000 per award.
The Jane Maddy Scholarship (up to two award recipients)
To apply for the Jane Maddy Scholarship please fill out this form.
The Application Requirements are as follows:
- Must be a full-time, undergraduate student majoring in Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies (You cannot be graduating in May of 2018).
- A copy of your unofficial transcript to assess GPA and course work.
- A personal statement to include (in approximately 500 words) - An essay or outline demonstrating how you express your commitment to WGSS, a list of your scholarly achievements, and your related civic engagement.
- The application materials are due March 16, 2018. They will be reviewed by a committee from the Women’s Studies Advisory Board.
The WGSS Legacy Scholarship
Legacy Scholars are nominated by WGSS faculty to complete this form.
The application requirements are as follows:
- Must be full time, undergraduate student majoring in Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies (you cannot be graduating in May 2018).
- In 500 words or less, answer the following question: "The name of this scholarship is the Legacy Scholarship. What does that mean to you, and why is it an honor to be named such a scholar?"
- The application is due March 16, 2018 and will be reviewed by a committee from the Women’s Studies Advisory Board.
Students are eligible to apply for/be awarded both A Jane Maddy Scholarship and the Legacy Scholarship. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-726-7953