North Shore Summer Music Experience 2020
Camp Dates: June 21– 27, 2020 - CANCELLED
We hope to hold our music camp again next year around the same week in June.
The Northland's Finest Music Camp held on the campus of the University of Minnesota Duluth!
Choose from one of four camps offered: Band/Jazz, Choral, String, Piano
Facilities & Activities
* On-campus residence housing (maximum double occupancy)
* Meals served in the Kirby Student Dining Center
* Around-the-clock supervision by counselors
* Daytime health services available
* Planned evening recreation activities
* Closing concert/awards ceremony for students, parents/guardians, counselors and instructors
* Opportunities for private lessons
* Electives offered in:
-College Music Preparations
**Students enrolling in the Choral, String and Band Camps will be assigned to the various ensembles by age and experience.
* Your $75 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot for our current years' music camp & will be applied to your total fee
* Information packets will be sent to registrants prior to start of camp
Scholarship money is available for students desiring financial assistance. Please contact the camp director or camp administrator for further information. Funds are limited and will be dispersed on a first-come first-served basis. Scholarships will not be awarded unless the $75 non-refundable deposit has been submitted.
The 1998 Take Credit for Learning Program offers a tax credit and/or deduction to parents who participate in summer camps where the focus is in the Academics or Fine Arts. For more information please contact the Minnesota Department of Revenue.
* Resident Fee: $499.00 (stay on campus) includes registration, housing, all meals, instruction and recreation.
* Non-Resident Fee: $269.00 (commuter) includes registration, only Sunday evening meal, instruction, recreation and counselor supervision.
Dr. Mark Whitlock, Camp Director
University of Minnesota Duluth
Department of Music
Duluth, MN 55812
Please Mail Payments & Registrations To:
Dee Charles,Camp Administrator
UMD Department of Music
31 W College Street
Chester Park #206
Duluth, MN 55812
Make checks payable to: NSSME Camp
Your $75 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot and is required prior to scholarship consideration and will applied to your student's total camp fee.