Geography, Urban, Environment & Sustainability Studies
You are here
UMD's Geography Program Assessment is centered on the following learning outcomes:
1. Students will understand the key concepts constituting a geographic perspective, such as context, scale, map, landscape, environment, process, and flow.
2. Students will be able to demonstrate visual representation of geographic Information and written analysis of geographic problems.
3. Students will development independent geographic research skills.
4. Students will be able to think relationally about global connectivity.
5. Students will understand the historical roots of geographic issues.
6. Students will be able to understand the relationship between economy, health, politics, and well-being in regards to sustainability.
Students demonstrate their learning progress via a wide variety of assessment measures including exams, written assignments, project development proposals, and project presentations.