You are here
“Study abroad has definitely reaffirmed my interest in majoring in Hispanic Studies. In addition, it has made me want to pursue a minor in international studies.”
Our Academic Advising Mission
To enhance the student experience by supplying the support, resources, and education necessary to help students participate in CLA, UMD, and the broader community as confident, independent learners.
- Student success is a comprehensive, transformative process that integrates academic learning and student development.
- Timely, accurate information regarding university policies and procedures is every student’s right. Accessing this information is every student’s responsibility.
- Positive student-faculty and student-staff interactions are essential to learning, growth, and satisfaction.
- Students are responsible for making independent and informed decisions regarding their academic careers.
- Parents and/or family members and the University are partners in student development.
- Technology-based advising resources are an essential cornerstone in a comprehensive, college-wide advising program.
- Active participation in diverse communities is a prerequisite for personal development.